The PlayStation Portable is much more than just a handheld gaming system. It is capable of video playback, so long as the videos are in the proper file format and do not exceed the time limit of six and a half hours. Most music videos rarely go over ten minutes, so don't worry about that. You will need to either connect the PSP to your computer directly, using your USB cable, or copy the videos first to your memory stick.
Download the music videos from your preferred sites. Keep in mind that the PSP cannot play back DRM-protected videos, and only supports videos in MP4, AVI, and MemoryStick format. If your file does not come in one of these formats, you can use a conversion program such as MediaCoder or PSP Video 9.
Plug your PSP into your computer, or insert your memory stick into your card reader. Either option will work, though it's worth noting that the drive space of a memory stick is significantly larger than the PSP's internal memory. If using a memory stick, make sure that it is formatted for use with the PSP.
Copy your music video file onto the PSP or memory stick. In either case, you will need to save the video file to the VIDEO folder. The PSP supports up to two layers of subfolder within the video folder, giving you greater organizational control over how your videos are displayed.
Remove the memory stick or PSP from the computer once the file transfer is complete. If you've copied the video file to the memory stick, insert the memory stick into the PSP.
Go to the Video menu of the PSP. If your file was saved on the PSP it should appear directly under the Video menu. If it is saved on a memory stick, you will have to select the memory stick icon to access the files.
- You can copy music video files from the memory stick to the PSP's internal memory by highlighting the video you want to copy and clicking the triangle button to access your file options.
- PlayStation Knowledge Center: What video and movie formats are supported on the PSP® portable entertainment system?
- PlayStation Knowledge Center: How do I play a movie or video from Memory Stick media on a PSP®go / PSP® portable entertainment system?
- PlayStation Knowledge Center: How do I save movies and videos to a PSP®go system / PSP® portable entertainment system?
- NA/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images