Much like the PS3, the PSP hand-held gaming system can be used for more than gaming; you can also use it to listen to music, watch movies, and enjoy and share your photos with those around you. With a larger screen than most portable digital photo media, it will be easier to show off your favorite pictures. Transferring between the memory card and your PSP is just a matter of formatting the memory card properly and ensuring the right file formats.
Confirm the pictures you want to transfer are in a file type compatible with the PSP. Supported file types are JPG, TIFF, PNG, GIF and BMP. Certain resolutions may not be compatible with the PSP, though the PlayStation Knowledge Center makes no note of what those resolutions may be.
Insert your memory stick into your computer via card reader. The PSP supports the Memory Stick Duo and Pro Duo models of removable media. Format your Memory Stick for use in the PSP if you haven't already. You can do this by inserting it into the PSP and going to "Settings > System Settings > Format Memory Stick."
Copy your pictures to the "Pictures" folder on your memory stick, which will ensure that they show up under the proper heading in the XMB (XrossMediaBar, the PSP operating system). If you plan on copying many files at once, you can create a subfolder in the "Pictures" folder and save your images there.
Remove your Memory Stick from your computer and insert it into your PSP.
Navigate to the "Photo" menu on the PSP. Among your options should your memory stick--select the memory stick to display the list of images and/or folders that you transferred to the memory card.
Go to the image or folder you wish to copy and press the triangle button. This will display your options for this file/folder. Select either "Copy" or "Move" to create a copy on your PSP system memory.
- Your photos, games and other data stored on your memory stick can be used on your PSP the same as if it's on the internal memory.
- Avoid overfilling your PSP system memory.
- PlayStation Knowledge Center: Photo Controls on the Home Menu/XMB™ (Xross Media Bar)
- PlayStation Knowledge Center: How Do I Save Photos and Images to a PSP®go System / PSP® Portable Entertainment System?
- PlayStation Knowledge Center: What Memory Sticks are Compatible With the PSP®go System/PSP® Portable Entertainment System?
- PlayStation Knowledge Base: What photo and Image File Formats Supported on the PSP® Portable Entertainment System?
- NA/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images