Once you've purchased music from the iTunes store, you can sync it to your iPhone by simply plugging the phone into your computer. Alternatively, you can also download music from the iTunes store directly onto your iPhone using the iTunes Store application.
Convert Music Directly to iPhone
Press the "Home" button on your iPhone and tap the "iTunes" icon on your screen.
Tap the "Music" button at the bottom of the screen and tap the song you wish to download, or tap the "Search" button and type in the song you wish to download.
Tap the price button then tap "BUY."
Enter your iTunes account password and tap "OK".
Press "Home" once the download has finished, then tap the "iPod" icon on your screen.
Select "Playlist" at the bottom of the screen and tap the "Purchased on (Device's name)'s iPhone" tab to locate the song.
Sync Purchased Music from iTunes
Click "Start," "All Programs," "Apple" and "iTunes" to run iTunes on a PC. For Macintosh computers, click the "iTunes" icon on your dock.
Click the "iTunes Store" tab in the iTunes sidebar. Download the song you wish by clicking the song title or using the search bar at the top of the iTunes window.
Plug the USB cable into your iPhone's dock connector at the bottom of the device, and connect the other end into an available USB slot on your computer.
Click the iPhone tab under the "Devices" section in the iTune sidebar and click the "Music" tab.
Make sure the box next to "Sync Music" is checked, and click the "Sync" button at the bottom of the iTunes window to sync your music library to your iPhone. Disconnect once the iTunes display message states it is safe.
- First generation iPhone users can turn on Wi-Fi by tapping the "Settings" button on your iPhone's screen, and tapping the "Wi-Fi" tab. Slide your finger across the switch so that it reads "ON," and tap the network you wish to join.
- Apple: iPhone How-To - Syncing Purchased Music
- iPhone For Dummies; Edward C. Baig and Bob LeVitus; 2009
- Apple: iPhone How-To - Purchasing Music or Audiobooks
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images